whispering

28 Jul 2013



Summer is slipping away now, slipping through the cracks like dust. Gold dust in the afternoon, moondust at night. It is pulling away like the tides.

These are the things I know. I know that Autumn is coming and I will feel like an animal that needs to curl up warmly and sleep until everything is light and living again. I know that nights will get darker and people will shout and scream in the street. I know that if you go outside in that short space of time between day and night and look at the sky it will feel so heavy that you won't be able to breathe, you could almost drown in it.

I know that singing in the dark leads to cracked broken voices and so whisperers will be born.
I know that dreams are for dreamers (and dreamers often lie).
I know things that shake me to my bones.

Post a Comment

© the girl on the moon. Design by FCD