pink moon

28 Feb 2013


I wish I could be sad in a quiet and dignified way. An anaemic-looking girl huddled in the corner of a library kind of way. A person who looks as if they want to scream but dare not open their mouth in case they have unravelled entirely on the inside and if they do, their life will come spilling out, past their teeth, making a sad mess on their lovely shoes kind of way. A way that could never be eye to eye.

Instead I will look at you wild-eyed and tell you that we need an adventure, we need a dream, a plan, a map of oceans and a fleet of ships to carry all of my baggage and all of your charms. A fleet of ships to sail on my waves of inexplicable nausea, to stop this sinking feeling, and to hold up my heavy heart, so it won't be another treasure buried in a chest at the bottom of the sea.

I don't tell you the things you want to know, I don't tell you anything at all, because words can lose all meaning if you think of them for far too long. I couldn't give you something meaningless, you mean too much to me. I am pinning my heart to you, my hopes, my stars. I think that you will keep them with you so that I don't casually throw them like confetti into the wind. Scattered and spinning, carried away on strangers shoes. Becoming lost mostly, I think. Lost.

13 comments

  1. oh, how i missed this side of you! please don't disappear again.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and words to accompany them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've missed your online (for lack of a better word) presence.
    If I were good at words, then that is what I would have written.
    It's as if you peeked into my soul.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing blog you have!! full of beauty and softness.. excelent photography! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading this post! Dreamy pictures as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, what a lovely blog you have! Is the artwork by you?

    xo Oona (adventuredarling.blogspot.fi)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You write magnificent. And if the artwork is yours, I think I'm slowly falling in love with you already. It's beautifully subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful words, with such meaning, and accompanied by amazing photos. So thrilled I found your Blog, I will be sticking around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are amazing!

    ~Lou~
    Ps: i'm doing a fashion-related survey for my MSc dissertation, 5 mins, much much help ♥ https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/2SJRFPJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am in awe. These are so beautiful.

    You need to start a shop, I'd be super keen to buy prints of these!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

© the girl on the moon. Design by FCD